Body Composition consists of 4 major components: Water, Protein, Minerals and Fat. These four elements are the fundamental ingredients the body is comprised of, and it is important for them to be in balance. Body composition analysis is expected to quantify and measure these ingredients. Until recently, diagnosing obesity has focused on appearance, without considering a balanced body composition. For more reasonable healthcare and smart nutritional plan, accurate body composition analysis must be performed first, to achieve the balance of the four major body components.
How does the InBody analyzer Work?
InBody devices use direct segmental measurement bioelectrical impedance analysis (DSM-BIA) to precisely measure body composition by sending multiple electrical currents through the body, resulting in up to six different impedance readings for the trunk and each of the four limbs.
The innovative in-depth analysis of the InBody Test yields accurate results for body composition outputs, such as body fat mass, skeletal muscle mass, (segmental) lean body mass, percent body fat and metabolic rate.
What you should do before testing?
- Abstain from eating a meal and drinking large amounts of fluid at least 2 to 3 hours before the test.
- Drink enough fluids over the 24-hour period preceding the test to ensure normal hydration at the time of the test.
- Avoid exercising for 12 hours before the test.
- Avoid caffeine within 3 hours of the test.
- Empty bladder (urinate) at least 30 minutes prior to testing.
- Do not drink alcohol within 24 hours of the test.
- Please try to be consistent with the time of day that you get tested (and for females time of month) if you plan to track changes.
This test is available at twelve MedLabs branches:
- MedLabs Medical Laboratory – Shmeisani
- MedLabs Medical Laboratory – Tla’ Al Ali
- MedLabs Medical Laboratory – Khalda
- MedLabs Medical Laboratory – Rabieh
- MedLabs Medical Laboratory – Third Circle – Elite plaza
- MedLabs Medical Laboratory – Fifth Circle1
- MedLabs Medical Laboratory – Fifth Circle2
- MedLabs Medical Laboratory – Sweifieh
- MedLabs Medical Laboratory – Um Uthaina
- MedLabs Medical Laboratory – Al Bayader
- MedLabs Medical Laboratory – Abu Nseir/ Shafa Badran
- MedLabs Medical Laboratory – Marj Al Hamam
For further information do not hesitate to contact us on +96265900090 ext 305 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org